Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Shawarma Bros: A Different Shawarma Experience

Shawarma. Google defines it as "roasted meat, especially when cooked on a revolving spit and shaved for serving in sandwiches." Ever since I can remember, shawarma has been widely available in the Philippines in stalls along streets, or groceries, or sometimes in food courts. Shawarma is usually served in a wrap.I think I was in college when I discovered shawarma rice. 

I love the stuff. So, it was only natural for me to say yes when I got invited to try out this Shawarma place called "Shawarma Bros" in BGC. I looked up the place and saw that it had a subtitle stating "A Different Shawarma Experience. This got me curious because, well, shawarma is shawarma. There is good shawarma and bad shawarma, but I didn't see how shawarma could be an "experience."



I walked into Shawarma Bros and it was like the Shawarma Bros were telling me "here is your experience, Missy."

The place had a laid-back and fun vibe. It had plenty of seats and tables, and was clean and cool. It was definitely better than standing by a stall or being in a foodcourt.


I had fun spotting their quirky bro-themed decorations :)







The feel of the place reminds me of Army Navy. They even have a similar window where people can order.


Noobs (like me) can use this helpful guide in ordering that's placed on to[p of the window:


Their menu is also conveniently displayed by the window. Check it out:


I decided to order their Lamb Steak Rice Meal (Php219). This is the first ever shawarma place I've been to that serves lamb, and I just had to try it.

The shawarma options here are definitely a bit pricier than your usual shawarma stuff available elsewhere. The question is, is it worth it?

I had to wait a bit to find out. I was given this little buzzer light thingy to keep me company.


I waited for itttt and buzz! Light! It was time to get my food. :D


Serving time was around ten minutes. Not bad.


For Php 219, I got a plentiful serving of lamb, quite a lot of biryani rice, some mango salsa, two dipping sauces (I chose garlic yoghurt and chili tomato), and an iced tea. Portions-wise, it's a good value-for-money meal, but since this particular plate is a bit pricier because of the lamb, the lamb better be good.


Aaaaand it was. The bite-sized cubes of lamb were tender, juicy, and packed with flavor. Mix it in with that umami taste of the rice and that sweet-sour-savory kick of the salsa, and you are in heaven. 


It's good even without the sauce, but I had fun just experimenting with the extra flavors the sauces gave. I even took some of my friend's cheese sauce to try it out.


I even tried all three sauces at once. Mmmmm. Good.


So yes, it was worth it. I now know where to go whenever I want a quick and budget-friendly fix for my lamb craving. 

The only thing though was that the drink was too small for me, and I had to order an extra one.

Nevertheless, I was happy and so was my tummy :D


My friend Hazel also seemed happy with her Beef Shawarma Rice Meal (Php179). This is the store's bestseller. I tried it, and it was also good.


My other happy friend, Manfred. He ordered extra Keema (Php60) for his extra appetite.


So now I know what a shawarma experience is like, thanks to Shawarma Bros. I'm definitely going back to try out their other items. Those Burrito Bros look yummy. :p


Thanks, Shawarma Bros! :)


Shawarma Bros is located at the 2nd Floor, Bonifacio Stopover, 31st Street corner Rizal Drive, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.

It's open Mondays to Saturdays, 11:00 am to 1:00 am, and Sundays, 11:00 am to 10:00 pm.

You can order ahead for pick-up through (0977) 325-7032. 

You can find out more about this place at http://www.facebook.com/ShawarmaBros.


Be Happy!

<3 Missy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment