Saturday, June 21, 2014

Ramen Cool, SM Manila

Yey! My hearing got cancelled so I have a little time for myself before I head back to the office. I decided to go to the mall across Manila City Hall (SM Manila) to get a good lunch.

I went up to the fourth floor and noticed a string of new restaurants, meaning not the usual ones seen in malls. This one restaurant, RAMEN COOL, caught my eye, since I was super craving for Japanese food for weeks.



The restaurant was so inviting because it had a clean and bright look.

Wall art



My view from my seat

Couches at the side

Fancy sakura lamp

I went inside and was greeted by a very courteous waitress. :) I loved the ambience of the place. It was clean, bright, colorful, and mellow Japanese music was playing in the background. 

And then the waitress gave me their menu, and I was impressed! 


They had a LOT of choices. I though the restaurant would be all about ramen, but I was wrong. This is a full-blown, semi-fast food Japanese Restaurant, and I'm happy about it :D

Please note that I was not able to take a picture of all their items.

Ramen

Rice bowls

Add-ons

Rice and Salads

Fried selection

Mains

Maki <3

Drinks and Dessert

I ordered the Salmon Freedom Maki (Php250) and Iced Matcha (Php140)

It took about ten minutes for my food to be served.



Salmon Freedom Maki

The maki was a hit for me! :) Although the sushi rice was a little on the sweet side, I liked that it didn't have too much rice. The composition of the maki was balanced. It had raw salmon, fish skin, fish flakes, and cream cheese. I loved how the flavors of these ingredients worked together, and that hint of sour in the sushi rice kept me wanting more. The fried fish skin also gave it an interesting crunch.

Juuuust the right amount of sushi rice for me :)

The Iced Matcha turned out to be the perfect drink to compliment my maki. It was not too thick, but it was filling, so it was sort of a drink/dessert. The maki was like a light meal for me, so this was perfect. The matcha flavor was strong in the drink, and the ice cream had a light, sweet flavor.

Iced Matcha after I mixed it

It was a plus for me that they served full-sized condiments. I love spicy food, so it was a delight for me to be able to sprinkle this tongarashi on my maki for an extra kick of spice :D


The staff was very accommodating. Note, however, that I went here on a weekday. There weren't many people, so I really couldn't judge how efficient they were. In my opinion, they could have served the food a little faster.

They were, however, very friendly. I had to rush back to my office so I asked them to put my drink in a to-go cup. When I went out, I forgot to bring it because I was rushing. :)) They saved it for me, though. I got it when I went back. Yey! Also, they don't have service charge. My total bill was Php390.

Ambience
 5
Service
 4
Taste
 4
Price
 3.5
Overall
 4.125

Ramen Cool is located at the 44th floor of SM City Manila

They don't have a site, but here is a link to the FB page of their other branch:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ramen-Cool/239535736117346


Be happy! <3

Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment