Monday, March 2, 2015

Larcy's Cupcakery Cafe

Hi hello! :) It's March! Summer is almost here, and I should be dieting and working out, but booho! I got super sick last week and so to make myself feel better I met up with friends and went on food trips. :D 

So last Friday me and my UP friends decided to go South for a change. Our friend Jay introduced us to Aguirre Street, a street located in BF Homes, Parañaque, which has an impressive selection of restaurants, cafes, bars and spas! My friends dubbed it the "Maginhawa/Katipunan of the South." For me, however, the place had a more flashy, yet laid back feel to it. But yeah, that's how I'd describe anything in the South. :)) (FYI, I grew up in Laguna and still go home there from time to time so I'm a Southerner too!) 

We had dinner first, and during this time, Jay said something about this cupcake place nearby. I'm a total cupcake girl, so I made sure to save room for dessert. 

Jay brought us to Larcy's Cupcakery Cafe. I regret that I wasn't able to take a lot of pictures of the place, because it was just lovely. <3 We got there at around 11:00 p.m., but there were still a considerable number of people inside. Larcy's is open from 11:00 a.m. until 12 m.n. On Fridays and Saturdays. On other days, they're open only until 11:00 p.m. 

The place was very spacious and clean, bright yet cozy, and had modern, dainty decorations. It was definitely a girly cafe, with pink accents here and there, but the girly-ness was not overdone. It will not scare away menly men. It definitely did not scare away my companions that night. :D 

Me with menly men friends: Jay, GT and Andrew. :D

I ordered the Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcake (Php90.00) and Chamomile Tea (Php65.00). 

Service was quick, but I can't really judge them on this aspect because we ordered very simple items. 


Larcy's serve their tea in a press and a dainty little tea cup. This made our dessert and tea time more enjoyable. 

Happy people enjoying their tea. 

For Php65.00 the tea for me was a good deal. I got about fuce cups out of the press; enough to share and to accompany my cupcake. However, the tea flavor could have been stronger, and it could have been served hotter. 


At first, I thought the cupcake was overpriced at Php90.00, because it was so small. It only took the first bite for me to completely change my mind. This was one yummy cupcake. Actually, it was more of a cake in a cup. 


The cake had a chocolate cookie crust. The cookie was more on the bitter side, which was perfect, because it balanced the creamy cake it had on top, which was sweet, and had just a hint of cheese in it. Normally, I like my cheesecake more sour than sweet, but in this case, the delicate sweetness of the cake worked to give me a delightful cookies and cream experience. The cake also had cookie chunks in it. 

The cupcake was small in size, but it was surprisingly filling. It was just the right amount for a dessert. 

I loved this place so much that I'm currently coercing one of my friends to go with me there this week. (Hi, Bong!) :p Will update this post when I visit there again!

Ambience
 5
Service
 4
Taste
 4.5
Price
 5
Overall
 4.625


Larcy's Cupcakery Cafe is located at:
178 Aguirre Street, BF Homes, Parañaque 

Check them out on Facebook:

Be happy!

<3 Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment