Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Challenge completed! Buffalo's Wings N' Things Ultimate Wingsanity.

I love spicy food. 

A while back, I got into a discussion with an Indian friend as to what "spicy" meant. He told me that the term has two imports, namely: (a) rich in spices; and (b) hot. 

So let me clarify by saying, I love my food hot. For me, the heat just makes my dining experience more exciting. 

Sadly though, my love for spicy food has led to my immunity to the heat. It's not unusual that during a meal, the people around me would have violent reactions as to how spicy the food is, and I would have no idea what they were talking about. (-_-) It's also not unusual for me to order the spiciest version of anything in a menu, only to be like "meh."

So when I heard of this spicy wings challenge that Buffalo's Wings N' Things had that even required a waiver, I was excited. Unfortunately, life happened, and I didn't get to doing it. 

Until last Sunday. 

Me and my friend Ira were just hanging out in Nuvali and decided to have dinner there. When she suggested Buffalo's, I suddenly remembered this challenge I've wanted to take on for so long. So I went for it. 

Photo grabbed from TripAdvisor 

We decided to stay in the al fresco area, because our witty server said the waitresses are prettier there. Haha. 

Below is their deliciously simple menu:

Photo grabbed from Buffalo's FB page

Photo grabbed from Buffalo's FB page

Hmmm just looking at that menu makes me want to go back! Anyway, I ordered 1/2 pound of their Ultimate Wingsanity wings, blue cheese dip, and mashed potatoes. My friend Ira opted for 1/2 pound of their New York's Finest wings, blue cheese dip, and NY Dirty rice. 


Ira got her food first. She had no complaints. 


While waiting, I was made to sign their waiver. Basically, I had to waive any right to proceed against them if I experience any physical discomfort because of the spicy food. 

We're ready to eat! :D

This will be a breeze. 😎


I would have to admit that these were the spiciest wings I have ever eaten. Also, the wings were yummy. :) I loved that despite the unadulterated heat of the sauce, the juicy tasty flavor of the wings still came through. The wings were not oily at all, and the skin was oh so crispy. 

The sweetness of the blue cheese dip married perfectly with the tangy flavor of the wings. 


Their Mashed Potatoes was very thick, creamy and tasty. Could have had more though. 

I'm a slow eater, and I enjoyed every second of eating my Ultimate Wingsanity wings. They were hot. I felt the heat not just in my mouth, but also in my chest and stomach. Ira said I kinda turned red. Also, it made me sweat a little. 

Maybe it didn't help that I had a cup of strong brewed coffee right before dinner. I had a bit of stomach discomfort while eating. 

Ira was kind enough to get me some milk. I was okay after drinking it. 

I eventually finished, and they gave me this nifty Certificate :D

 
Yay! ^_^

I will have this framed. 

To be completely honest, I would not go for these Ultimate Wingsanity wings on a regular day. I fear for my stomach lining. Haha. But they are good and they are super hot. So for spicy food lovers out there, by all means, go for it! :) 


Challenge completed!

Check out Buffalo's Wings N' Things here: 
https://m.facebook.com/sharer.php?sid=121670539546&referrer=pages_feed&refid=17

Be happy!

<3 Missy





No comments:

Post a Comment