Monday, April 20, 2015

World of DC PH All Star Fun Run

I've been into running lately and just a little over a month ago, I ran my first 10k with my Stetson girls. :) The next step for us was to run 16k. 

I already signed up for a 16k run happening by the end of May when I saw this:


Gah! The geek in me squealed in excitement! I just had to be part of this!


I decided to sign up for the 10k category and make it part of my 16k training. :D I had some trouble with registration. The online registration was not working properly. Also, the registration site for 711 payments was "under construction" and it was only when I texted the organizers that I found out that by that time the only available way to register was through walk-in at Chris Sports. I went there after work only to find out that registration was only until 7:00 pm. It frustrated me a bit because I was super excited, but eventually I was able to register. I wish these things were announced in the website, though.

Anyway, check out the goodies I got for just Php900 (I opted to be Wonder Woman): 

Singlet, second piece costume, bib race chip, bag, map/poster.

I also registered for my friend Anna. She chose Superman:

I was only a BIT jealous of her cape. :p

Anna had to opt out of 10k and go 5k instead. This got me into a bit of a pickle when I wanted to activate my race chip. I couldn't remember for sure which race chip was mine, and there was no list of registrants available on line..

I ended up wearing two chips, hehe.

The bibs also did not have an activation code on it, and the website had no instructions regarding this. I had to google stuff before I could discover how to activate my chip: 


Minor organizational lapses, but it was okay. I was going to be a running superhero and I was super excited that I couldn't get good sleep. :D Fortunately, I was able to wake up extra early the day of the race (thanks for the wake-up call, Monica! :D)and was able to go to the venue early with my law school friend Doms.

Super Doms! :D

We got there at around 4:00 am. The place was already filling up with superheroes.

Stage

I loved that they had standees for photo-ops :D

With Wonder Woman.

I think I watched somewhere that Batman and Wonder Woman had a thing..

Doms fits just right in the Justice League!

After some time the 10k runners were called to go to the starting line.



There was a short program and we had a warm up. I was so happy to see that some people leveled-up with their superhero costumes.

It's The Flash! :D

I wasn't able to take a picture of it, but there was also a drone at the event T_T. A DRONE. It was so cool. We all waved happily at it before the gun start. I swear. I had a Geekgasm. Haha.

                                         
My friend Doms wishing me luck. So supportive! :D 

I tried to push myself a little during this run. I wanted to beat my time (1:29). The race route was all flat,so I was okay, save for my feet eventually hurting. I guess I have to adjust my stride?

I usually don't take pictures while I run but the view was just so lovely.

The pain was worth it, though, because I did beat my old time. I finished at 1:22!!! :D Yey!!! :D

It was time to find my friends and celebrate!

With OSG people, Ramon and Doms.

With Charivari people, Rix and Ramon.

Found a patch of grass to rest at.


With Anna.

And of course, there were freebies and activities! 

Pocari Sweat and Sexy Chix shredded chicken.

Flip Book.

Anna on the trampoline. We got free pictures of this too :D So fun!

Green Arrow booth.

Aside from the ones pictured above, there was also a Gotham Booth where you can solve a puzzle and get a prize (I think a fan), free popcorn, a raffle, and games. It was so hot but it was too fun that I didn't want to leave. 

We took more pictures.

Doms with Superman.

Anna with Superman. Who did it better? :D

Super fun event! Pretty good too, considering that this is the first time that World of DC Philippines did this (I think). I'm already excited about the next one! :D



You can learn more about World of DC Philippines at http://worldofdcph.com/


Be happy!

<3 Missy
















No comments:

Post a Comment