Saturday, November 7, 2015

Run X Lap 2 - Run all you can to save lives!

Don't you love it when you get to help out while doing something you like?

I was given an opportunity to do just that when my doctor friend invited me to this fun run. I was told that the proceeds of this event would go to the indigent patients of her med school. They had a similar event last year and they were able to fund the treatments of a considerable number of patients already.

I've heard and seen promotions for this event and I liked how it kept the focus on helping the patients. In fact, they didn't even call the event a race because there is no competition, no pressure, and runners can run for any distance up to 10 kilometers. The ads only mentioned that tokens will be given at the 2, 5, 7, (baller bands) and 10 (medal) kilometer marks as a sign of appreciation of how far one can run to save lives. :)


The registration fee was Php600.00. The kit included a singlet, bib with race tag, and map. It was a sweet deal, really. 

Singlet.

Race bib.

Map, programme, and instructions.

Race tag.

I'll be honest. I haven't been running lately (boo!). I just feel so tired after work lately. I don't know. I wanted to train for this run but I didn't get to. Also, I'm quite sick. Had a fever the other day but I thankfully recovered. I was still a teeny bit under the weather this morning but I figured hey, I'd presumably be surrounded by doctors/future doctors so if anything happens I'd be safe. :D

Me and my friend had a little trouble finding a parking spot but got to the starting line just in time for the gunstart.

The route was pretty simple, just two loops around the bay area in MOA. There were 2, 5, 7 kilometer markers, and two water stations. Ut was a well-organized run.




Hazel and I after finishing our run.

I finished at 1:38, around 16 minutes slower than my previous 10k run. :( Oh well, I''ll just use this as motivation for me to resume my training!




In spite of my poor performance, I was still happy. I got to help out, exercise a bit, and also I had fun!

Runners were then directed to proceed at the SMX Convention Center to get their tokens.


There was quite a line, but it didn't take too long.


Oooh! There was a bazaar! I love bazaars! :D There were food, fashion, and gift stalls.



For running 10 kilometers, me and my friend got 3 baller bands and a medal! 

We also got to enjoy a program featuring the talents of La Salle students.


Baller bands and medal.

I also won in the raffle! I got these cool Zalvaje shades. :D



Look at me with all my bling. :D


Remember that bazaar? I was able to buy a nifty running belt for Php350.00. I'll be using this when I train!


I hope I get to be part of more events like this in the future. I'm certainly looking forward to joining tis one again next year. :)

You can learn more about La Salle Run X Lap here:

https://www.facebook.com/LaSalleRunXLap/info/?tab=page_info
http://www.lasallerunxlap.com/


Be happy!

<3 Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment