Monday, August 4, 2014

Bahay Haraya Spa & Healing

Okay so this is a super late post because I got caught up with my Japan trip, and all the deadline-chasing that went before it :)) (Will post about Japan soon!!!)

I have recently moved to Maginhawa so I was supper happy when I found out that two of my friends, Cathy and JC (who are a power couple), put up a spa along it! It was a Sunday when I decided to go there and get rid of all the aches in my body..



BAHAY HARAYA SPA  AND HEALING is the name of their spa. It's conveniently located along Maginhawa, in the compound behind BPI Family, the one near Holy Family School. Their store hours are from 12 nn - 12 mn every day! :D

The pretty proprietress

I came at exactly 12 nn, and I was happy to see that my friend Cathy was in there. The spa has a small and cozy reception area, and relaxing Filipino music was playing in the background. The whole place had a cozy, ethnic feel to it :) The attendants were also very courteous, but NOT too chatty (I apologize but I really don't like the super chatty ones because they prevent me from completely being relaxed, hehe).

Massage oils and salts

It was nice that their oils and salts were displayed at the reception so I could choose which one I liked best :D Plus points for the quirky names! Guess which oil I chose? 

I wasn't able to take a picture of it, but I was given a small form. I was asked to disclose if I had any health condition, and to indicate which my problem areas were.


After a while, I was asked to go inside and was given a foot soak. :) The water was had just the right temperature. My foot ache started melting away as I got a mini-foot rub :D

Massage area

I had to go upstairs to reach the massage area. I noticed that there were two rooms, so I guess men and women had separate ones. There is no private room, but the curtains are thick enough to give a person enough privacy :)

The beds and pillows were clean. However, they do not have a separate dressing area. 


The area had soft lighting and again, that cozy ethnic feel. 


I chose the 1 hour Ginhawang Maharlika (hilot) massage. It costs Php350 for an hour and Php500 for one and a half hours. Aside from the hilot, they also offer Haplos ni Makiling (Swedish) and Kalayaang Malyari (Thai). You can view their full list of services at https://www.facebook.com/bahayharaya


It's  a teeny bit more expensive than other spas (the cheapest I know of costs 250 per hour) but I think the price is still reasonable, considering the whole experience of it. My therapist was very attentive. She made sure that I was comfortable, and asked if she was applying the right amount of pressure, and if the room temperature was just right. Her massage technique was a bit different from what I'm used to, but it was effective! I felt like sleeping after the massage, and my body aches were all gone :)

I really can't describe the massage completely, but I can say that it's super worth a try! I'm going back there soon :)

You can follow Bahay Haraya through the following social media:


Congratulations, Cathy and JC! <3

Be happy! <3

Missy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Missy, sounds heavenly and so reasonable, too! (We would pay about 10X than here in NY). I definitely keep it in mind next time I go home to the Philippines. Regards to you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tita! Will do po. That's so expensive! I really have to save up if I'll go and study there :)

      Delete