Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Swagat Indian Cuisine

One night, my office mate and I were working late, and we decided to take a break by having a good dinner. This happened at around 9:00 p.m. already, so most of the restaurants in the area were already closed. I wanted to eat in a non-fast food place. We decided to walk along Rada and look for that Japanese restau I thought I saw that one time, but we didn't find it. We did, however, find this:



It looked promising. Also, I haven't eaten Indian food in a while, so we went in.


I haven't been to India before, but this restaurant really seemed authentic. In fact, a couple of Indian people were dining there at that time. :D



The decorations were homey. Indian music was playing, and a TV was installed inside, which was set on an Indian channel. 

I ordered the Fish Biryani (Php180.00), and requested that they make it extra spicy.


The dish did not disappoint! It was indeed, extra spicy! But aside from the heat, I could also taste the other herbs and spices infused in the rice, which was cooked just right - not too dry.


I had to dig in to find the fish. I was pleasantly surprised to find large chunks of it. The fish was seasoned perfectly, and was moist and flaky :)

Fish chunks

Biryani rice

For my drink, I opted for the Strawberry Lassi (Php60.00), which is juice and yogurt mixed together. Taking yogurt helps balance out the acids in my tummy when I eat uber spicy food :)


I love strawberries and yogurt, and honestly, I was not completely delighted by this drink. :| I did appreciate, though, that it did not have much sugar, but maybe they could have been a wee bit more generous with the yogurt?


Nevertheless, me and my officemate had a pleasant time in this pocket-India place. A bit of a warning, though, the place is not that well-ventilated, so you will end up smelling like your food afterwards. I didn't mind this at all though :D


Be happy!

<3 Missy









No comments:

Post a Comment